CSI Dives into the Deep End. CSI:NY Takes Deep End Dining Back to the Station for Some Questions. An Open Call for Deep End Diners.

csiscript-flickrThe script.


Never in my wildest dreams - eh, no, that's not true, I've had wilder - but, never in my dreams have I dreampt that eating live octopus tentacles and bugs would lead me to a gig as Technical Advisor for CSI:NY, the highly rated CBS police drama. Me? Technical Advisor on a cop show? You're absolutely right. I'm no expert on law or order, but I do know a thing or two about exotic food. And this particular episode of CSI:NY involves lots of creepy, crawly cuisine as a major plot device. In addition to my technical advising, I am also responsible for "special casting".

CSI:NY and I are casting for:

1) Attractive people who can look upscale.

2) In their twenties, thirties or early forties (or looks about that age range).

3) All races. Either male of female.

4) MOST IMPORTANTLY, TALENT MUST BE WILLING TO EAT WEIRD FOOD ON CAMERA, PROBABLY BUGS OR LIVE OCTOPUS OR LIVE OCTOPUS TENTACLES AND ACT LIKE THEY'RE ENJOYING IT. (The bug dishes will be prepared by gourmet bug chefs who I will be hiring.)

5) Must be available on TUESDAY, JANUARY, 10, 2006 - ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT (tentative). Shooting on location near Los Angeles' Koreatown (NOT NEW YORK! Sorry, New Yorkers, it's Hollywood magic.)

If you are interested and meet all of the above requirements, send an email to:

csideepend@yahoo.com

Include your vitals in the email, i.e., age, race, location, contact info and your willingness to eat this stuff on camera. ALSO ATTACH A RECENT DIGITAL PHOTO OF YOURSELF (jpeg file).

I will not be doing the final selection. But I do forward on my picks. If you are cast, I will see you there because I'll be in that episode as well. (If I don't make it on to the cutting room floor.) Good luck!

P.S. This IS a paid gig!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Eddie, Congratulations! Nice, fun gig. I can look upscale and eat bugs but I'm not sure they will fork over my hourly rate:) On the other hand, I could come in handy if things go south during the shoot.
-Adrian
Eddie Lin said…
adrian,

i'll tell you what your hourly rate is - two baluts per hour. one and a half baluts after taxes!!
Juliet said…
You've hit the big time, Mr. Showbiz! LOL Congrats to you!
I would definately send over my info and try getting cast, but having a toddler means I don't have that kind of freedom. But hey, tell Khandi Alexander she's got a fan in Illinois who loved her in Newsradio. :-)
Eddie Lin said…
Dalian,

I will do the ol' Hollywood "air kiss" bit with your beloved Khandi Alexander. And I'll say it's from you to her. Ciao, baby!!
elmomonster said…
Damn Eddie! What's next? Are you going to consult NASA on how the astronauts should eat live tentacles in space?

HAHAHA! Congrats!
Anonymous said…
This is a job for Anthony Bourdain.

: D
Eddie Lin said…
elmo,

oh, NASA already contacted me regarding food in space. i just can't blog about it. you know, national security and all that.


tana,

tony bourdain SHOULD be a cop on a cop show. he reminds me a little bit of richard belzer on "law and order: SVU". his writing is very noirish also. thank god he didn't play himself on "kitchen confidential" otherwise he would've seen the same fate as his pal emeril. have you seen tony bourdain act??? thank god he has several day jobs! i say this because i love him. he is the man!
BoLA said…
Yes, Congratulations! My family likes to watch CSI and we'd love to see YOU on the Big Screen doing your thang!

You know I'd send you a headshot and all, but being APA...I look like I could be in college still when I'm in my late 20s. The beauty and curse of being Asian. Plus, I'm not sure what "attractive" and "upscale" mean... hehehe. AND most importantly, although I could probably EAT live stuff - I'd do a triple dog dare - I'd probably also do a *huah*choke*gag as it's going down. And that's probably not so attractive or upscale. LOL!
Eddie Lin said…
kristy,

you're family. if you're available, email me.

thanks.
Anonymous said…
Hey Eddie, Just a heads up that I sent you an email with my "application" if you're still lookin' for bug-eaters!
Anonymous said…
I watched the CSI:NY episode tonight and was curious to see if eating live octopus can kill someone (or heck, if people really eat live octopus). That's how I stumbled on your blog here. Good work - the CSI:NY episode was a good one. Hope it was a fun project for you!
Eddie Lin said…
anonymous,

thanks for discovering the deep end. it's nice to know you were curious enough to do some further investigating and found me!
danceswthcobras said…
Too bad I missed this one. I'd do this gig for free if it involved a yummy chef-prepared bug and tentacle feast.